Rate this post:
|I always hear a lot of very bizarre questions directed towards homosexual people, such as, "why are you gay?" and "are you sure you won't just grow out of it?" These questions aren't out of hatred, just lack of knowledge. Eventually, though, it can become very frustrating, and I sometimes wish that more heteosexuals would try to understand what it would feel like to be in this sort of conversation so often. The following is a questionnaire designed to challange your thoughts:
1. What do you think caused you to be straight?
2. When and how did you first decide you were straight?
3. Is it possible that your being straight is just a phase that you will grow out of?
4. Is is possible that you being straight stems from an irrational fear of others of the same sex?
5. If you have never slept with a person of the same sex, is it possible that all you need is a good Gay lover?
6. To whom have you disclosed your
heterosexual tendancies? How did they react?
7. Why do you insist on flaunting your
heterosexuality? Can't you just be who you are and keep it quiet?
8. Why do you feel compelled to seduce others into your lifestyle?
9. The majority of child sexual offenders are straight. Do you consider it safe to expose children to straight teachers?
10. With all the support marriage recieves, the divorce rate is spiralling. Why are there so few stable relationships between heterosexuals?
11. Why do straight people place so much emphasis on sex?
12. Could you trust a heterosexual therapist to be objective? Don't you fear (s)he might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his/her sexual orientation?
13. How can you become a whole person if you limit yourself to compulsive, exclusive heterosexuality, and fail to develop your natural, healthy, homosexual potential?
14. There seems to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want to. Have you considered trying aversion therapy?
These questions aren't meant to be taken literally. It was designed to demonstrate the absurdity of these common questions so often directed at homosexuals.
What do you think?
"Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much." --Oscar Wilde