PRO

Where Your Ideas can change Minds

Please visit our new forum at

http://www.4forums.com

CON


YouDebate.com Forum
» back to YouDebate.com
Register | Profile | Log In | Lost Password | Active Users | Help | Board Rules | Search | FAQ |
Custom Search
» You are not logged in.   log in | register

  YouDebate.com Forum
   Gay Rights Debates
     Why gays shouldn't adopt

Topic Jump
Next »
[ Single page for this topic ]
Forum moderated by: admin
    

    
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I believe gays should not be allowed to adopt or serve as foster parents for the simple reason gays have a greater tendency to being pedophiles than straight people. Sure the majority of Pedophiles are heterosexual, but if we look at PROPORTION a VERY disproportionate percentage of child molesters are homosexual. Don't come up with that "it's straight men molesting boys" bs. Straight men DO NOT have a sexual interest in boys. The fact many child molesters of boys are married is irrelevent. Have you heard of IN THE CLOSET before? Numerous homosexuals are still in the closet and live (or TRY to live) normal heterosexual lives. Indeed, the majority of gay men have at some point had a sexual relationship with a female. Then you have bisexuality as well. Nonetheless, gays and bisexual men molest children at a much greater rate than straight men do.

There are loads of cases of gay foster parents molesting their children. In the Catholic Church 3/4 of the molestation cases involved boy victims. And even if the gay parent themselves do not molest the child, the child grows up in a homosexual environment, and is at risk at being molested by friends of their parents.

Also, the child is grown up in an all-male world and is deprived of any famailiarity with persons of the opposite sex. This screws up a child's development. And lastly why is it gay couples only want to adopt boys? Why not girls also? The very fact gay couples SPECIFICALLY request boys, ought to be suspect. They OBVIOUSLY have a sexual interest in young boys. Otherwise they'd be just as happy to adopt girl children too! Just think about it! Even if they do not formally molest the boy, they will get their jollies from seeing the boy naked and washing it's genitals in baths. THIS is why gays should not be allowed to adopt. The most ideal setting for a boy child is to be raised with a MARRIED male-female heterosexual couple. And if all else fails, boys should be placed with Lesbian couples and girls with gay couples. That alone will at least make the likelyhood of child molestation far less likely!
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 08:31 AM on January 11, 2003 | IP
mrmazet

|      |       Report Post




Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

If it's married gays who molest boys, then probably that means that it's because they are repressing themselves from having an adult male-male relation unlike a male couple who is having a homosecual relationship.

"And even if the gay parent themselves do not molest the child, the child grows up in a homosexual environment, and is at risk at being molested by friends of their parents." - WHAT?

"And lastly why is it gay couples only want to adopt boys? Why not girls also?"/"And if all else fails, boys should be placed with Lesbian couples and girls with gay couples." - If a child is placed with two opposite sex parents it will be harder for them to learn about themselves, the wont be able to talk about some things, and the parents wont understand them as well.

"Also, the child is grown up in an all-male world and is deprived of any famailiarity with persons of the opposite sex. This screws up a child's development." - I can actualy see a bit of truth that might be behind this.

"Even if they do not formally molest the boy, they will get their jollies from seeing the boy naked and washing it's genitals in baths." - Just like female parents do to male children? Or male parents do to female children? The same thing could happen in a male-female parent family

Also, foster and adaption families are many times very terrible places. If a homosexual couple has a caring, good home for the child, its much better then where they would most likely be otherwise!
 


Posts: 122 | Posted: 11:07 AM on January 11, 2003 | IP
dsadevil

|       |       Report Post




Junkie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Mrmazet addressed alot of this, but to the all-male envrionment point Id just like to point out that they still meet girls, in schools, at activities, a guarentee you that they won't turn 18 and say "Whoa! What's that guy doing with those gigantic tumors in his chest?" The experiences will come in from outside the family.


-------
"If stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?" -Will Rodgers<br><br><br>"Neither man nor nation can prosper unless in looking at the present, thought is steadily taken for the future." -T. Roosevelt<br><br>"Might I remind you that extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice, is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater<br><br>

Respect through Excellence only
 


Posts: 789 | Posted: 12:27 PM on January 11, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Guest...
where do you get this stuff? tell me where, so I don't have to rely on your imagination. and don't tell me someone just told u or u read it "somewhere", cause my suspicion will naturally be that the someone is jerry falwell and the somewhere is America's Camp for Young Gayhaters.
could u tell me the percentage of gay pedophiles vs. hetero pedophiles?
where did u read most gays adopt boys? i am gay, and yes i would like to a adopt a boy, but also a girl (omigosh, i must be a bisexual pedophile! ooh, i am so versatile!)
why do u think so many gay men molest but lesbians don't? what would be the scientific explanation?
do u agree with the statistics that say most children are molested by the heterosexual partner of their mother or sister? if u do, wouldn't u logically agree that a child who is adopted by a heterosexual has a higher statistical chance of being molested then by a gay adoptive parent? if that is true, essentially children of straight adoptive parents are in more danger of sexual abuse than gay ones. shouldn't u be thinking of the children first and foremost?
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 03:27 AM on January 12, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

My response to all.

Guest wrote:

"where do you get this stuff? tell me where, so I don't have to rely on your imagination. and don't tell me someone just told u or u read it "somewhere", cause my suspicion will naturally be that the someone is jerry falwell and the somewhere is America's Camp for Young Gayhaters. could u tell me the percentage of gay pedophiles vs. hetero pedophiles?"

I don't NEED fundy propiganda for this. It's common sense! When I read the newspaper, most victims of child molestation are MALE! Obviousely it's NOT females doing the molesting! The recent scandal in the Catholic Church shows that 3/4 of the victims of priests are males. Moroever, according to statistics the overwhelming majority of Catholic priests are gay. Moroever, the one priest from Boston who molested numerous boys, was a co-founder of NAMBLA and is a SELF-PROFESSED gayman. Also, statsitics I have seen show that 1/3 of sexual molesters in the United States are gay. The members of NAMBLA are GAY identified! And NAMBLA is the ONLY pedophile advocacy group in the US. So OBVIOUSLY gays molest at a much higher rate than straights do!
Only 2/3 of Pedophiles have heterosexual tendencies. Do not forget the 2/3 group INCLUDES those that molest both girls AND boys. So if one takes the bisexuals out of the picture, the percentage of straight molesters is much less.

"where did u read most gays adopt boys? i am gay, and yes i would like to a adopt a boy, but also a girl (omigosh, i must be a bisexual pedophile! ooh, i am so versatile!)"

This is what I see in the media. When a gay man adopts a child, almost always they request a boy. RARELY are girls requested! I am not saying all gay men that adopt are motivated by sexual interests, but I suspect the majority have sex in mind even if they do not DARE to carry it out!


"why do u think so many gay men molest but lesbians don't? "

Very simple, when a girl is molested in the newspaper, virtually ALWAYS the perpetrator is a male. When boys get molested it's a male in almost all cases. So I'd say 99.9% of child molesters are male, plain and simple!

"do u agree with the statistics that say most children are molested by the heterosexual partner of their mother or sister?"

No! I agree the majority are girls molested by males (heterosexual or bisexual), and a SIGNIFICANT minority are boys molested by gay and bisexual men. And most "familial" molestations are carried out by a step-dad or boyfriend of the mother. RARELY do BIOLOGICAL fathers molest their own children.
In fact according to statistics only 1.1% of girls molested by a male adult member of the family, were molested by their biological father.

"if u do, wouldn't u logically agree that a child who is adopted by a heterosexual has a higher statistical chance of being molested then by a gay adoptive parent?"

No I don't. If we look at the statistics, 1/3 of child molesters are gay or bi. While the majority of child molesters are straight, keep in mind that homosexuals and bisexuals (both male AND female combined) are ~5% of the population, yet account for 33% of all child molestations. Straights are 95% of the population, yet only account for 66% of the population. This shows homosexuals and bisexuals molest children at a greater rate than heterosexuals. And even if we were to believe the bogus 10% myth, 10% of the population SHOULD NOT be responsible for 33% of all child molestations. So again, a boy growing up amongst gay men is more likely to be molested than a girl growing up around straight men (related and unrelated alike).

Mrmazet wrote:

"The experiences will come in from outside the family."

The family is the defining focal point of a child's experience. The child NEEDS to experience both genders in the same family. Every child needs a father and a mother. It's inherent and biological.

"If it's married gays who molest boys, then probably that means that it's because they are repressing themselves from having an adult male-male relation unlike a male couple who is having a homosecual relationship."

Many of those who molest boys are SELF-PROFESSED and SELF-IDENTIFIED homosexuals. Indeed a statistic done on convicted pedophiles that molest boys showed that 90% identified themselves as exclusively homosexual in their orientation. Look at the case of Dirkinson. The two guys that killed him were LIVING TOGETHER so no, they weren't repressed homosexuals.

"If a child is placed with two opposite sex parents it will be harder for them to learn about themselves, the wont be able to talk about some things, and the parents wont understand them as well."

BULLSHITE! This is nonesense. A boy child can learn from Lesbians. And besides if a boy is placed with Lesbian parents there is a ZERO chance he will be molested by his parents. And likewise, if a girl is placed with gay parents there will be a ZERO CHANCE she will be molested by her parents. The only way I will agree to gay adoptions (although in principle I still hold if a heterosexual couple or heterosexual singles that are stable and have a good background, can be found  send the kids with them) is if girls are placed with gay couples and boys with Lesbian couples. And this is ONLY if it's a last resort and straights aren't available.

"Just like female parents do to male children? Or male parents do to female children? The same thing could happen in a male-female parent family"

BULLSHITE!!! Female parents RARELY molest boy children. I could probably count the number of WORLD WIDE CASES in the last twenty years on one hand! And again, statistics show gays participate in molestation at a rate grossly disproportionate for their numbers in the population. In short, letting a homosexual adopt or be a foster parent of STRAIGHT male children, is like trusting a fox to take care of your hens or an ant-eater to play nice with ants. Sorry, but no boy should be places with a homosexual or bisexual male.
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 6:28 PM on January 14, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

probably this, obviously that. You still are making assumptions and extensions like crazy, not to mention generalizing like hell.

Males who molest males aren't necessarily homosexual. I know this is hard to believe, but the statistics are there. The percentage of gay molesters is somewhere between 20-33% (making straight molesters 66-80%). But according to data quoted from the Texas Supreme Court case of Lawerence v. Texas, fully 50% of the population is at least somewhat homosexual, not the 5% you claim. This would indicate that the amount of gay molesters is somewhat in line with their proportion in the population.

"Moroever, the one priest from Boston who molested numerous boys, was a co-founder of NAMBLA and is a SELF-PROFESSED gayman. Also, statsitics I have seen show that 1/3 of sexual molesters in the United States are gay. The members of NAMBLA are GAY identified! And NAMBLA is the ONLY pedophile advocacy group in the US. So OBVIOUSLY gays molest at a much higher rate than straights do!" That is generalizing from too little data. One gay priest molested children. One gay organization supports pedophilia. Yippee. That still doesn't "obviously" lead to your conclusion that gays molest at a higher rate. It leads to the conclusion that some gays molest. But so do some straights. And no one, I hope, disputes either.

Your comment on gays being interested in sex when requesting a boy is pure prejudice. You yourself admit you only "suspect" this. I would suspect that most men would request a boy to adopt, b/c men generally have more in common with boys than girls (ever try bringing a girl to a hockey game?). Also, saying that gay men HAVE to be interested in sex when adopting boys is the same thing as saying that straight men HAVe to be interested in sex when they ask to adopt a girl. AND that every father of a daughter is secretely imagining her naked. I doubt it.

Every child NEEDS a mother and father? Really? So we should strip children away from one parent if the other one dies or divorces? Or not let single folk adopt at all. and of course, never, EVER, let a single mother keep her child. In fact, every study conducted dealing with children w/ hetero vs. homosexual parents has concluded that their is no evidence of harm done by having two homosexuals as your adapted parents. Your "obvious"'s and "probably's" just don't match the research (Btw, the most commonly cited of these reports was done by the APA, American Pediatrics Association. You'd think they'd be somewhat of an authority, yes?)

The problem is your own data conflicts with itself. On the one hand, you say that 33% of childmolesters are gay. On the other, you say that 90% say they are gay. the 33% figure I've heard, the 90% one is...new. Care to tell us where you got it? Then you fall into your old standby of generalizing on 1 case, saying "look at these two people! they live together and molested children!" Wow...and look! This one black man says he liked his master! So I guess slavery is a-ok! You need more than anecdotes to support your position.

Finally, at no point do you have anything negative to say about lesbians. Would you be fine with lesbians adopting girls, seeing as they are extremely unlikely to molest anyone?
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 8:40 PM on January 14, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

that was me, dsadevil. i wonder why it didnt show up....
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 8:41 PM on January 14, 2003 | IP
mrmazet

|      |       Report Post




Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Honestly, the guys obviously an idiot and no one here is agreeing with him. We all know he's stupid. If he respond again, it's pointless to bother explaining why the inane comments are wrong since he doesn't care and everyone else knows he's wrong. I say we ignore him.

If he comes back and wants to debate in a way that isn't so ... silly ... then it makes sense to spend time talking to him.

(Edited by mrmazet 1/14/2003 at 8:57 PM).
 


Posts: 122 | Posted: 8:56 PM on January 14, 2003 | IP
AlexanderTheGreat

|     |       Report Post




Regular
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

i just think it's funny that he thinks "on the media" is considered statistics. he will never change his mind. and i would love to see the statistics that show that "the overwhelming majority of Catholic priests are gay". i am sure the Pope would be interested in seeing that too.


-------
Alex
 


Posts: 292 | Posted: 09:33 AM on January 15, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Guest you said:

"Males who molest males aren't necessarily homosexual."

That's why I said BISEXUALS you idiot!!! Straight men DO NOT molest other men. Plain and simple. The whole POINT of being straight is having an EXCLUSIVE attraction to the opposite sex. A man that loves females WILL NOT sexually molest a male. Don't give me that garbage. If a man sexually abuses another male, he's gay or bi. End of story!

"The percentage of gay molesters is somewhere between 20-33% (making straight molesters 66-80%). "

That's what I just said! Up to 33% of US child molestations are homosexual or bisexual. Also note the straight figure includes bisexuals too!
The actual percentage of genuine heterosexual child molesters is probably much lower once one removes the bis from the statistics.

"But according to data quoted from the Texas Supreme Court case of Lawerence v. Texas, fully 50% of the population is at least somewhat homosexual, not the 5% you claim."

That's pure nonesense. At least 90% of the population is 100% pure straight. The 50% figure is rediculous.

"The problem is your own data conflicts with itself. On the one hand, you say that 33% of childmolesters are gay. On the other, you say that 90% say they are gay."

33% of AMERICAN child molesters are homosexual OR bisexual. The 90% figure comes from CANADIAN statistics. And this is consistent with the fact most child sex abuse victims featured in the newspaper are boys, and their perpetrators almost always males. While the terms "gay" and "bi" aren't used (OBVIOUSLY to be politically correct) it's obvious if a dude wants to bone a boy, he's gay or bi. The 90% figure was of convicted Pedophiles in the Canadian system.

"Would you be fine with lesbians adopting girls, seeing as they are extremely unlikely to molest anyone?"

I don't see Lesbians as a threat to girls. Gay men ARE a threat to boys however. Since Lesbians rarely molest children, I see no danger. I don't really see a problem with Lesbians adopting. I just object to gays or bi men adopting children or being NEAR children, since they are a high risk group. Although I would not object to gays adopting girls so much. I just object to gay man/boy adoptions.

"In fact, every study conducted dealing with children w/ hetero vs. homosexual parents has concluded that their is no evidence of harm done by having two homosexuals as your adapted parents. Your "obvious"'s and "probably's" just don't match the research (Btw, the most commonly cited of these reports was done by the APA, American Pediatrics Association. You'd think they'd be somewhat of an authority, yes?)"

Problem is there has been LIMITED research on the effects on gay adoptions on children, both pro and con alike. Authoritative and finalized research on this matter is still in its infancy. Moreover, I have peer reviewed studies which show that children raised in gay homes are more likely to experiment with homosexuality than those raised in a straight home with two opposite sex parents, and the rate of sex abuse in gay adoption and foster families, is much higher than those in straight homes. So the end result is gay men SHOULD NOT be allowed to adopt boys.

To Homo Chief Wiggims (Alex):

"i just think it's funny that he thinks "on the media" is considered statistics."

I have seen statistics on the percentage of gay molesters compared to non-gay. 90% of Canadian convicted Pedophiles IDENTIFY themselves as exclusively homosexual in orientation. The other 10% includes bisexuals too as well as heterosexuals. This is CONSISTENT with what I see in the Toronto Sun and Toronto Star when a child molestation case is reported. The majority of cases are an adult male molesting a boy.

"he will never change his mind."

You are DAMN straight about that. And if I find out any of my little boy's daycare teachers are gay, he will be IMMEDIATELY pooled out! I believe gay and bi men should be segregated from the rest of the population and left to themselves in their own little patch of land.

"and i would love to see the statistics that show that "the overwhelming majority of Catholic priests are gay". i am sure the Pope would be interested in seeing that too."

In the US and Canada the overwhelming majority of priests are gay. I have seen statistics showing as much as 60% of North American priests are gay. It's OBVIOUS no straight man in their right mind will make a vow of poverty, especially if they are young and never married. I believe the Catholic Church should open its doors to married men and that will solve the Pedo problem substantially. As long as clerical celibacy is the rule of thumb, the Catholic Church will be plagued by perverted homos!

Mrmazet the Homo wrote:

"Honestly, the guys obviously an idiot and no one here is agreeing with him. We all know he's stupid. "

And all NORMAL people know you are nothing but a dirty child molester. I may be an "idiot" but at least I am not GAY like you!

"If he respond again, it's pointless to bother explaining why the inane comments are wrong since he doesn't care and everyone else knows he's wrong. I say we ignore him."

I know I am right. I have statistics on my side. Ignore the truth as much as you want, facts speak for themselves. Homosexuality and child molestation go hand in hand. Did you know before the Gay Revolution of the 1960's most gay relationships were what we'd today call CHILD molestation? You should study Greek and Roman history. Homosexuality goes hand in hand with pedastry. This is why homosexuals should NOT be permitted any contact with males under age 18.

Ignore the truth all you want, I can go toe to toe with you Homos. I have enough peer reviewed articles and newspaper articles to PROVE homosexuals are disproportionately represented amongst child molesters. You Homos cannot handle the truth! Go ahead and call me a bigot, I am only presenting you with facts. Also, answer me this you gays. Why is it NAMBLA was up to 1993 a member in good standing of the Gay and Lesbian International Association, a UN sanctioned body which coordinates EVERY gay pride parade around the world? Why is it in Europe Pedophile organizations are recognized by the gay associations there? Don't tell me this is not true! I will present the facts to show you it is true! The gay agenda is simple, to homosexualize society! Gays want to eliminate heterosexuality and establish a world where men are with men, and women with women. And with sperm banks and insemination technology, as well as cloning, you have the luxury of TOTALLY stomping out heterosexuality. The Greek and Roman elites frowned upon heterosexuality and believed it should be limited to reproduction only. And all recreational sex homosexual. Well don't expect straight men to stand around while you slowly try to undermine the rights of straight people to be straight!
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 8:13 PM on January 15, 2003 | IP
dsadevil

|       |       Report Post




Junkie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

All those peer reviewed research papers and articles, and yet you only quote one, once (the toronto sun/star stats, and even that wasn't really stats, but rather anecdotes that support the apparently mythical stats). Until you actually give me where the data is from so I can independently verify it, then I am skeptical.

Now on to each of your points.

" A man that loves females WILL NOT sexually molest a male. Don't give me that garbage. If a man sexually abuses another male, he's gay or bi. End of story!" Wrong-o. The stats prove otherwise. Don't ask me why straight people molest members of there own sex, but they do (what do you think the straight 66% molesters are doing (and no it doesn't include bisexuals, they would be put in homosexual if anything)? As you said yourself, the rate of boys being molested is much higher than that of girls. And the rate of women being the molesters is miniscule. Conclusion? At least some of the male-male molesters are straight). End of story.

""But according to data quoted from the Texas Supreme Court case of Lawerence v. Texas, fully 50% of the population is at least somewhat homosexual, not the 5% you claim. " [my argument]

That's pure nonesense. At least 90% of the population is 100% pure straight. The 50% figure is rediculous."
And herein lies your problem. the data that lawerence v. texas quoted was taken from research done by Dr. Alfred Kinsey, the most respected doctor on sexuality issues this side of Masters and Johnson. The fact that you don't want to believe it as it makes your entire case fall apart has absolutely no bearing on the truthfullness of it. Have any counter sources to back up 5%? Any that match the prestige of Dr. Kinsey?

"The problem is your own data conflicts with itself. On the one hand, you say that 33% of childmolesters are gay. On the other, you say that 90% say they are gay."

"33% of AMERICAN child molesters are homosexual OR bisexual [my note: it should be noted that here you say that bisexuals ARE included in the 33% figure. Just like I've been saying). The 90% figure comes from CANADIAN statistics. And this is consistent with the fact most child sex abuse victims featured in the newspaper are boys, and their perpetrators almost always males. While the terms "gay" and "bi" aren't used (OBVIOUSLY to be politically correct) it's obvious if a dude wants to bone a boy, he's gay or bi. The 90% figure was of convicted Pedophiles in the Canadian system."

What on earth would suggest that Canadians molesters have that much more propensity to being Gay? Is it something in their blood? or are they just more predatory than american gays? I am doubtful. And once again, a man molesting a boy does not necessarily make him gay. It seems logical, but molestation isn't a logical act, so that logic goes out the window.

"Problem is there has been LIMITED research on the effects on gay adoptions on children, both pro and con alike. Authoritative and finalized research on this matter is still in its infancy. Moreover, I have peer reviewed studies which show that children raised in gay homes are more likely to experiment with homosexuality than those raised in a straight home with two opposite sex parents, and the rate of sex abuse in gay adoption and foster families, is much higher than those in straight homes. So the end result is gay men SHOULD NOT be allowed to adopt boys."

First of all, ALL the research thus far indicates that there is no HARM in gay adopted children (them becoming homosexual isn't a "harm" per se). Even rabidly anti-gay groups such as the Family Research Council concede thus, attacking studies such as the one conducted by the APA on there methodolgy, not based on counter research. The only research they through back is that adopted gay children are more likely to become gay (which is can't be an argument in itself, as it would be circular logic to argue that homosexuality is wrong because it encourages homosexuality), and the general population molestation rate you are so fond of, but that I have throughly rebuted with Dr. Kinsey's stats. The research itself still overwhelmingly is in favor of allowing gay adoptions, in fact saying that it would be BENEFICIAL, as it would add more people to the pool of potential adopters in a system that is in desperate need of more people willing to adopt.

At this point you run out of actual arguments, and resort to name calling. While Alex actually IS gay, mrmazet is not. But your propensity for calling everything and everyone gay certainly undermines your credibilty when calling all male-male molesters gay too (my God, its a consipiracy!).

Finally, and in keeping with the conspiracy vein, you say that all homosexuals are in some evil plot to turn the world gay, and have us reproduce via sperm banks et al. Then you talk about the ancient greek/roman reactions to homosexuality. Wait...gays in 50 C.E. were already involved in a massive plot to reproduce in vitro? Wow...they got some serious scientific chops. You conclude with the classic anti-gay argument "Well don't expect straight men to stand around while you slowly try to undermine the rights of straight people to be straight!" Now please, I am curious. Explain how gay people undermine the right of straight people to be straight. Are they in holding a gun and asking you to have sex with men? are they busy illegalizing opposite sex relationships (no, but the opp sex crowd is doing the reverse)? What right, precisely, is going away? You personally, seem to have the strength of mind and character to never turn gay no matter how many children they adopt. So I can rest assured that heterosexuality can and will be protected thanks to selfless men such as yourself.

btw, the "guest" whose post started with "probably this obviously that" was me. Enjoy!


-------
"If stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?" -Will Rodgers<br><br><br>"Neither man nor nation can prosper unless in looking at the present, thought is steadily taken for the future." -T. Roosevelt<br><br>"Might I remind you that extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice, is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater<br><br>

Respect through Excellence only
 


Posts: 789 | Posted: 9:22 PM on January 15, 2003 | IP
AlexanderTheGreat

|     |       Report Post




Regular
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

actually the study did not even say those children had a higher chance of being gay. it said they had a higher chance of experimenting. the rate of final gay sexual orientation was the same. all it showed was children raised in same-sex households aren't as close-minded and afraid of trying something, and THEN deciding what they prefer.

and i think the Guest is just a moron. he says all these "facts" and never offers the sources. give us a website, or a journal. i REALLY wanna know EXACTLY where he found the statistic that says the majority of priests in the USA are gay!!!


-------
Alex
 


Posts: 292 | Posted: 10:59 PM on January 15, 2003 | IP
mrmazet

|      |       Report Post




Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:


Mrmazet the Homo wrote:

"Honestly, the guys obviously an idiot and no one here is agreeing with him. We all know he's stupid. "

And all NORMAL people know you are nothing but a dirty child molester. I may be an "idiot" but at least I am not GAY like you!

"If he respond again, it's pointless to bother explaining why the inane comments are wrong since he doesn't care and everyone else knows he's wrong. I say we ignore him."

I know I am right. I have statistics on my side. Ignore the truth as much as you want, facts speak for themselves. Homosexuality and child molestation go hand in hand. Did you know before the Gay Revolution of the 1960's most gay relationships were what we'd today call CHILD molestation? You should study Greek and Roman history. Homosexuality goes hand in hand with pedastry. This is why homosexuals should NOT be permitted any contact with males under age 18.


Wow. What a bigot.

Yes, me, the HOMO, GAY, not normal, 13-year-old child molestor.

And he knew my sexual preferences all from the fact I argued with him and called him an idiot.

Wow.

(Edited by mrmazet 1/16/2003 at 5:49 PM).
 


Posts: 122 | Posted: 5:46 PM on January 16, 2003 | IP
dsadevil

|       |       Report Post




Junkie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

i agree. guest has psychic powers we can only dream of...


-------
"If stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?" -Will Rodgers<br><br><br>"Neither man nor nation can prosper unless in looking at the present, thought is steadily taken for the future." -T. Roosevelt<br><br>"Might I remind you that extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice, is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater<br><br>

Respect through Excellence only
 


Posts: 789 | Posted: 9:37 PM on January 16, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

[color=aqua]Gays/lesbians should be allowed to adopt if you were one of them and you wanted a child how would you feel if you went to an adoption center and they said "Sorry you're more likely to molest them." I personaly think they should be allowed it doesn't matter if they are or aren't gay what matters is they're good parents and know how to bring kids up right.
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 1:52 PM on September 29, 2003 | IP
GMGAPC

|      |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I wish someone would cite several sources that I can examine myself and confirm, that prove that gay men have a greater propensity toward pedophilia.  So far, nobody on this post has provided a rational argument for either side.  I think the real problem here is that none of you understand how to make an argument and back it up.  Tell us where you found these surveys, instead of simply declaring their existance.  Show us how to find them, before you make ridiculous claims and sound like an ignorant bigot.  Nobody wants to appear that way.


-------
Marc
 


Posts: 4 | Posted: 09:26 AM on October 2, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

how can you turn around and say that the percentage of paedophiles happen to be those of homosexual orientation. where in the hell are you getting your facts from because i would love to read these statistics!

Why shouldn't homosexual couples be allowed to adopt children? there are so many unwanted children out there in the world why should not we as people begin to be a little accepting and acknowledging that we have a problem with children who are unwanted. don't they like everyone else deserve to be bought up in a loving parental environment, despite the sexual orientation of their parents.  It's not like they are going to be homosexuals, because look at it most homosexuals come from loving heterosexual backgrounds.  We live in a predominately heterosexual society, so that doesn't neccesarily mean the child will grow up to be homosexual, but at least the child will be able to grow up in a loving environment.

Don't we sometimes as people turn around to people who we have known for a long period of time and acknowledge them as either our brother or sister, regardless of the factor that you are blood related.  Isn't love sometimes thicker than Blood?

i find it really disturbing that in the year 2003 people still aren't accepting of people. if its not the color of their skin it's because of their sexual orientation.  isn't it time that people stopped being afraid of things that they cannot explain and don't understand, and start accepting people for the person that they are?
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 02:21 AM on October 15, 2003 | IP
Michiaj

|     |       Report Post




Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Quote from Guest at 4:28 PM on January 14, 2003 :
My response to all.

Guest wrote:

I don't NEED fundy propiganda for this. It's common sense! When I read the newspaper, most victims of child molestation are MALE!


That would not be because they are homosexual, but because they are MALES.  96.4% of ALL sexual molestation, violance, rape, is perpetrated by MALES.  So yes, you DO see a higher percentage of MALE sexual predators...both gay and straight.  Using your logic, we should then prevent all men from ever having children, their own or anyone else's.  We know that one out of four females are sexually molested or raped by the age of 18, and that MOST of these are by male members of their own families.  Again, using your own logic, homosexuals are not the problem, men in general are since we can prove they are responsible for well over 90% of the violence.  Therefore, according to your own logic, men are evil, should be kept away from women and children, and they should have no civil rights?

Obviousely it's NOT females doing the molesting! The recent scandal in the Catholic Church shows that 3/4 of the victims of priests are males. Moroever, according to statistics the overwhelming majority of Catholic priests are gay. Moroever, the one priest from Boston who molested numerous boys, was a co-founder of NAMBLA and is a SELF-PROFESSED gayman.

A gay man is attracted to other MEN...not boys.  Just as a heterosexual man is attracted to WOMEN, not little girls...yet we have literally millions of websites devoted to adult male sex with little girls, barely teen "sluts", "virgins" and more.  Again, going by your logic, does this imply that all heterosexual men, by association (SOME men like little girls so they ALL MUST?)  are in reality predatory on little girls?

Also, statsitics I have seen show that 1/3 of sexual molesters in the United States are gay.

Whereever you saw it, it was false.  

The truth: Jenny, Roesler, and Poyer (1994) examined the sexual orientation of the perpetrators of sexual molestation of 352 children at a child sexual abuse clinic. They found that the rate at which these children were abused by identified gay or lesbian people was 0 to 3.1% (95% confidence interval). Since this interval includes the most recent estimate of the prevalence of homosexuality in the adult population, 1 to 2%, the authors conclude that children are not particularly at risk from gays and lesbians.

The CDC, AND the National Center for Child Sexual Abuse show that less than 2% of sexual offenders are homosexual, which leaves a whopping 98% of all sexual molestors are heterosexual, attacking little girls...not even close to a 1/3 figure.  I haven't even seen a 1/3 figure on conservative sites, and they would be the most likely to trumpet such a statistic.


The members of NAMBLA are GAY identified!

No, the members of NAMBLA are pedophile identified, just as the men who want sex with little girls are not an indication that all straight men want to molest little girls.

Only 2/3 of Pedophiles have heterosexual tendencies.

Again, absolutely false statistic.

This is what I see in the media.

Where?  I did a search on gay families and found the majority of stories showed gay families with both girls and boys.  Most of which were "special needs" children ranging from medical problems to emotional problems.   Sounds to me like the only "tendency" that can be proven about the children gays adopt is that they adopt the kids no one else wants....or can deal with.  That doesn't sound threatening.

When a gay man adopts a child, almost always they request a boy.

Not true...it may be your opinion, but you would need to back it up with proof.

RARELY are girls requested!

Again, that is purely your speculation and does not match up to the vast data available from adoption agencies.


No! I agree the majority are girls molested by males (heterosexual or bisexual), and a SIGNIFICANT minority are boys molested by gay and bisexual men. And most "familial" molestations are carried out by a step-dad or boyfriend of the mother. RARELY do BIOLOGICAL fathers molest their own children.

ABSOLUTELY not true!  Again, go to the CDC or the National Center for Sexual abuse.  MOST girls are molested by their own fathers!

http://www.cin.org/users/msmith/reformation/allabuse.html


In fact according to statistics only 1.1% of girls molested by a male adult member of the family, were molested by their biological father.

False-here is the real statistic: They state that 85 to 90% of children who have been sexually abused know their perpetrator. The Teddy Bear Clinic, which treats children who have suffered abuse, states that 21% of children are abused by their biological father.

"if u do, wouldn't u logically agree that a child who is adopted by a heterosexual has a higher statistical chance of being molested then by a gay adoptive parent?"

No I don't. If we look at the statistics, 1/3 of child molesters are gay or bi.

Again, this statistic is false and pulled out of the proverbial hat.


While the majority of child molesters are straight, keep in mind that homosexuals and bisexuals (both male AND female combined) are ~5% of the population, yet account for 33% of all child molestations.

All three main sites show that gays account for less than 3% of molestations.

Many of those who molest boys are SELF-PROFESSED and SELF-IDENTIFIED homosexuals.

And ALL of the men who molest little girls are SELF-PROFESSED AND SELF-IDENTIFIED heterosexuals.  Should we deduce then that all heterosexual men are dangerous and should not have access to women and children?

Indeed a statistic done on convicted pedophiles that molest boys showed that 90% identified themselves as exclusively homosexual in their orientation.

Could you provide a source for your information...no offense, but your numbers are not matching with the information currently available and sound like something you are coming up with off the top of your head.



-------
Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised "for the good" of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us "for our own good" will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis
 


Posts: 4 | Posted: 6:35 PM on October 23, 2003 | IP
Muffility-12

|     |       Report Post




Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I remember reading some study or poll that showed that 50 percent of straight Americans have had sex before 18, 75 percent of gay men, and like 40 percent of lesbians. That just came to mind...

Also, supposedly most men who rape/molest other males are straight.

I'm sorry, but the arguments against gay adoption are so bad they're almost funny.

They molest children? some do, but so do some heterosexuals.

You need a mother AND a father? First of all, single straight people are allowed to adopt children. Secondly, this nation is filled with single mothers. Should we make them give up custody of their kids? In many cultures, the woman had to provide care for her children herself because the father was off to war or what not. If one mom can do it, so can two. And so can two dads for that matter.


 


Posts: 8 | Posted: 3:26 PM on October 26, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

It will take a little too long to respond to the anti-adoption for same sex parents debate, but I do agree with all the arguments made against it.  Your argument reminded me of my six year old cousin saying that the red pen was white.."just because". as everyone said..where are your sources?? out of all the arguments that you made, which you seem so adamant about, this one made me chuckle...

"This is what I see in the media."

which media did you look in to? the national enquirer? If your stats are correct, then elephants can give birth to horses. wow.

Haha. right. the media is always correct..hmm. Has it ever crossed your mind that the "media" doesn't care to show you everything? They can say exaggerated and outrageous things to get the readers/viewers going... Whatever makes a good "story", whatever creates interest and builds great response, the media will post.  Which reminds me...Perhaps you should look into this field... your ignorance is creating a great response.

Don't live in a cave. Look around you... there's more to life than pointing fingers.  start accepting the fact that not everyone's you.  who knows, maybe one of your kids might say that they're gay or lesbian...what are you going to do then..? abandon them? ...i hope not.      
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 02:26 AM on December 4, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I think that Gays should not adopt.  They are going to ruin a perfectly normal kid if thaty do.  There Gayness will rubb off onto there child and thaty will become gay to.
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 3:59 PM on December 10, 2003 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

theres a few things here all seem to over look

 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 06:21 AM on January 13, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

theres a few things here all seem to over look
its the matter of the basic primal instinctual directive instilled upon us all
if you dismiss this write this off as nothing  you cross wires and short circuit brain and directives
thus dementing minds
to introduce the homosexual life style to children before, during and after puberty is doing exactly this crossing woires and short circuiting predisgned thought processes    you are forceing sed children to question their gender    theis is absoluetly wrong and is most deffinantly child abuse
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 06:26 AM on January 13, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Check the DOJ Stats and you will see that over 90% of the victims of child sexual assault are female and the perp. was male.  So could it not be said that heterosexual men are the more likely to be suspect when adopting?

Fact is Gay men prefer men
Straight men prefer women
Child molestors prefer children

 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 9:39 PM on January 13, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

"I think that Gays should not adopt.  They are going to ruin a perfectly normal kid if thaty do.  There Gayness will rubb off onto there child and thaty will become gay to."  Wow, where to start with this one...  

To start, let me point out the intellect of the writer.  The 'thaty' makes the person look smart (please recognize the bittter, bitter sarcasm).  'There' should have been 'Their'.  Inventing words are we? 'Rubb' and 'Gayness'... Nice.  I assume the writer meant that the homosexual parent will influence the child to become a homosexual, but since the structure of the sentence was seriously compromised by the person's stupidity, I'm not too sure.  

Furthermore, I felt compelled to trust this writer not only for his outstanding use of simple English but also for his extensive exploiting of factual data. (Again, that was sarcasm. I may have to explain this to whoever is as moronic as some of the people who have posted here thus far).

If one is to argue a point, however horrible the idea, that person must at least FEIGN intelligence.  (The horrible idea in this case is that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to be parents.)
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 01:27 AM on February 3, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

first of all i know quiet a few gay and leisbian couples, the gay couple i know have a little girl who is adopted,( one of their nieces) and the lesibian couple i know have two boys that are brothers.  all of the children are well adjusted and are normal kids.  they see other people through church and sports and school so they are fine with regular couples.
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 12:10 AM on February 8, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Okay, I am a 13 year old girl and even I know that we should be accepting to others.
Honestly, they were right when they said, "History repeats itself."  Didn't this happen before, say Civil War!?  We were objective towards a people that couldn't help who they were.  It's not there fault they were born black and there is no way to change it....Ehh...for a minute forget Michael Jackson...Anyhow, I believe that being gay is the same, you can't really help it.  
It has been proven in studies that gay men have more estrogen which makes them more feminine.  Gay women have more testosterone which makes them more masculine.  So, men like men when they have more estrogen, and visa versa.
We should be more open to how people live there life.  Personally, I'm heterosexual, and have a mother and a father.  I can't really voice my opinion on how children living in same sex families feel.
We can't conclude what they feel unless one of those children posts.

 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 9:12 PM on February 9, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Why would someone let people that God does not see fit to allow into the kingdom of heaven, adopt children?  Don't the unfit for the kingdom desire to corrupt the morals so more will not enter the kingdom of heaven?


1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit  the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate,  nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit  the kingdom of God.  Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified,  but you were justified  in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

1Co 15:33 - Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals."
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 12:14 PM on February 10, 2004 | IP
alliwantisalife

|      |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Some of you are completely Bias.  What about a plan that favors both sides of this debate.  Like gay men can only adopt girls.  Does that make sense?  Another thing adoption agencies go through so many screening processes that it would be hard to be a chomo and get a child.  
 


Posts: 61 | Posted: 7:25 PM on February 10, 2004 | IP
alliwantisalife

|      |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
-1

Rate this post:

Ok first of all whoever said that god doesn't see it fit.   It doesn't say that god doesn't accept heterosexual people adopting children.  So basically what you just said was completely worthless.  Another thing is what exactly is god going to do is he going to finally come out and smite people?  Only crazy people have talked to god and actually gotten a response.  In my opinion it might have been the bong water.

 


Posts: 61 | Posted: 9:45 PM on February 10, 2004 | IP
alliwantisalife

|      |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
-1

Rate this post:

Quote from Guest at 9:12 PM on February 9, 2004 :
Okay, I am a 13 year old girl and even I know that we should be accepting to others.
Honestly, they were right when they said, "History repeats itself."  Didn't this happen before, say Civil War!?  We were objective towards a people that couldn't help who they were.  It's not there fault they were born black and there is no way to change it....Ehh...for a minute forget Michael Jackson...Anyhow,

When has the Civil war Repeated itself?  I don't recall Northern States and Southern states having a second war.  Can you please tell me what michael Jackson being black has to do with gay adoption?



 


Posts: 61 | Posted: 10:02 PM on February 11, 2004 | IP
Guest

|     |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

"You are DAMN straight about that. And if I find out any of my little boy's daycare teachers are gay, he will be IMMEDIATELY pooled out! I believe gay and bi men should be segregated from the rest of the population and left to themselves in their own little patch of land"

Why does this sound familliar? Please, elaborate on how gays are treated in this wonderful little plot of land you intend to put them on? Because I'm starting to think you not only want homosexuals to be tormented and ridiculed by the likes of you, but this sounds suspiciously like some sort of internment camp.

I'm gay, myself, and I take care of the friends of my children constantly.

You seem to think that Gay's and Child Molestors (Gay, lesbian, or straight ones) are marching in unison, as the morons of NAMBLA disturbingly believe.

Gays and child molestors who only molest boys are seperate, keep that in your thick skull.
 


Posts: 0 | Posted: 12:44 PM on February 12, 2004 | IP
foxnews_alltheway

|     |       Report Post




Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

When focusing on gay adoption we need to remember the rights of three categories of citizens, first there are the rights of the gay or lesbian couple, then the rights of the child being adopted, and finally there are the rights of the surrounding community who are directly or indirectly affected. The rights of each group are equally important and one should not take precedence over the other. I however would like to focus on the (in my opinion) more ignored category, the rights of the child being adopted.
Firstly the child will without consent be subject to homosexual activities and beliefs, in all respects to probability the child will be gay. How is being raised gay any different from children being adopted by say a protestant family and being raised protestant? Simple the rights to religion are protected under the construction, this means the family has the right to practice there religions beliefs and raise there child protestant. However gay rights are not defended or even mentioned in the constitution and are therefore not to be forced or subjected on the child. We are forgetting the most important reason children are adopted, and this is because we want them to have a better life with a family that cares about them, being gay would subject the child to VERY difficult lifestyle, they would be tormented and persecuted wile at the same time struggling with personal feelings and temptations. Why force children into this lifestyle when there are so many straight families willing to adopt them?

 


Posts: 4 | Posted: 8:20 PM on February 12, 2004 | IP
alliwantisalife

|      |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Fox News all the way you still have not shown why it isn't ok for heterosexuals to adopt.  You have absolutely no evidence showing that when you are within the presence of a homosexual that you become gay.  My uncle is gay and I am straight how do you explain that?  The important thing is to give kid a home with people that care about them.  Also you said the child would be forced to do gay activities?  What kind of gay activities would they be forced to participate in?  Before you assume that being raised with a heterosexual family would force the child to be tormented maybe you should ask someone who is raised by gay parents to see how they feel.  a friend at my school lives with her mom who is a lesbian and she doesn't have any problems with it.
 


Posts: 61 | Posted: 4:13 PM on February 13, 2004 | IP
jito

|     |       Report Post



Junior Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Why should gays be allowed to adopt?

Can't think of single reason.


-------
- Leslie
 


Posts: 19 | Posted: 5:35 PM on February 18, 2004 | IP
alliwantisalife

|      |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

WHY HETEROSEXUALS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO ADOPT???      Can't think of a single reason!  Dumb or irrelevant idea are often shared at the inappropriate time.  JITO please show me why someone with a certain sexual preference does not deserve equal rights as you do?  All i am saying is light is better than darkness(kid with a home  is better than kid without a home.)  And it's our duty isn't it (protection of the youth is the same as protection of the future.)  To make sure that the youth of this great nation don't die (Abortions when someone else is willing to care for a child.)  
 


Posts: 61 | Posted: 7:41 PM on February 18, 2004 | IP
jito

|     |       Report Post



Junior Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I am saying I can't think of a single reason why gays or straight or anyone who is loving and able should not be allowed to adopt.  I think they should be allowed to.

I am not sure how I got you upset.


-------
- Leslie
 


Posts: 19 | Posted: 12:53 PM on February 19, 2004 | IP
alliwantisalife

|      |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Quote from jito at 5:35 PM on February 18, 2004 :
Why should gays be allowed to adopt?

Can't think of single reason.

That's how.  Maybe it was a typo.



 


Posts: 61 | Posted: 6:37 PM on February 19, 2004 | IP
boygirlwondr

|      |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

"There are loads of cases of gay foster parents molesting their children. In the Catholic Church 3/4 of the molestation cases involved boy victims. And even if the gay parent themselves do not molest the child, the child grows up in a homosexual environment, and is at risk at being molested by friends of their parents."

hi. i didn't get through reading all of the above comments, so maybe this point has already been made. in case it has not, however, i wanted to respond to this segment of the original post. first of all, you make a claim about gay foster parents molesting their children, then go on to support it with a statistic about priests in the catholic church. i suspect that these two demographics--gay foster parents and catholic priests--rarely, if ever, overlap. so why are these two sentences next to each other?

   an array of complex factors contribute to the formation of a child molestor, and i do not claim to be an expert on the subject. however, i do think that child molestation involves issues of power and control to a far higher degree than it does an expression of sexual identity. people who are queer and want to adopt children are usually out of the closet and have developed communities whose queer members are also out of the closet (as it is difficult to form a community based on identity if you do not confess to that identity). therefore, such people have grappled with, considered at length, come to terms with, and announced publicly their sexuality. in my experience, the endurance of such a process usually results in one being far more comfortable and understanding of one's sexuality than those who have not undergone this self-examination. my point is that i don't see the image i have of a child molestor (someone whose crimes are committed secretly, enmeshed in guilt, addiction and perhaps confusion) coinciding with the image of an out member of the queer community (someone who has worked through a lot of issues and whose sexuality is, as a result of its perceived deviance, lived rather publicly and analyzed at length both publicly AND privately). in conclusion, i must say that you do not present yourself as someone who is at all familiar with the queer community, especially the segment of it which strives for rights to family life through adoption. the best advice i can give you is to get to know the community you are condemning. i think you will look back on your statements as uninformed and more than a little bit silly.

 


Posts: 1 | Posted: 12:57 AM on February 20, 2004 | IP
joebrummer

|       |       Report Post




Junior Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

This should sum it up, let the children themselves speak!!!!


http://www.colage.org



(Edited by joebrummer 9/29/2004 at 01:13 AM).

(Edited by joebrummer 9/29/2004 at 01:14 AM).


-------
www.joebrummer.com
 


Posts: 29 | Posted: 01:09 AM on September 29, 2004 | IP
tinkerbell

|      |       Report Post




Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I personally think that  gays should NOT adopt or be foster parents. I think that it's un natural and immoral. I am a first mom myself and would of never considered a gay couple for my kids, I was discgusted to even hear that it was legal. Now, how is that in the best interest of the child? They can grow up being different their whole life, not only are they adopted, they are adopted by homosexuals. Thats a lot for a child to handle, so I really think that homosexuals need to be less selfish and think of whats best for these children.
 


Posts: 2 | Posted: 7:58 PM on December 31, 2004 | IP
Jaxian

|       |       Report Post



Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I only read the first and last post in this thread, but I think I will respond anyhow.  Tinkerbell, let me first discuss your suggestion that gays should not be allowed to adopt or foster children because they are more likely to be child molesters.

First, this law is impossible to enforce.  Any person could simply claim to be heterosexual when fostering or adopting children, and no one would be the wiser.  It might be possible to restrict anyone who is proven to be in a same-sex relationship from adopting or fostering a child, but that doesn't address the problem since you admit that the majority of these molestings are committed by people who are single or in an opposite-sex relationship.

Second, this law is arbitrary.  I could just as easily blanket any group of people who are more likely to be child molesters and say that they should not adopt.  For example, I could say: families with males in them should not be allowed to adopt because males are more likely to be child molesters.  I could say Christians shouldn't be allowed to adopt because they're more likely to be child molesters.  Maybe I could say the same about Italians or people with brown hair.  The truth is that the vast majority of males, Christians, Italians, brunettes and yes, gays are NOT child molesters and they should not be treated as such.

Thirdly, there is a distinct difference between people who are sexually attracted to adult members of the same sex and people who are sexually attracted to children.  You may have decided that they are the same sexual attraction, but they are not.  Would you consider yourself sexually attracted to young male children because you are attracted to adult males?  I'm guessing the answer is no.  This is the reason that we see so many same-sex child molestings committed by people who are not in a same-sex relationship.  Those child molesters are attracted to children of the same-sex, not adults.

I should also point out that I would not fathom restricting people who are attracted to children from adopting or fostering, even if it could somehow be proven.  I'm certain the vast majority of people who have that attraction are not child molesters.  They cannot control their attractions, but they can control their actions.  The majority of those people are undoubtedly good people who do not deserve to be discriminated against by you or anyone else.

In your most recent post, you tried to argue that it hurts a child who is raised by same-sex parents.  Your reasoning behind this is that the child will be different both because he or she is adopted and because he or she has homosexual parents.  I will argue that this is not very harmful to a child, that any harm which might have resulted is not the fault of the parents, and that it is in fact in the best interest of the child to be adopted by those homosexual parents.

First, it may be difficult for a child to cope with his parents not being his true parents, but being raised by a same-sex couple would that seem normal to the child.  He or she would have little difficulty accepting the fact that his or her parents are of the same-sex because that is the only way he or she has known loving parents to be.

If you were referring to teasing from peers, I should point out that every child is different, and every child faces acception or rejection.  There are a million reasons that a child could be made fun of because of his or her parents.  If homosexuals should not adopt for this reason, then neither should overweight parents, parents of a different race than the child, or a million other absurd and irrelevant reasons.

I will also point out that any teasing or lack of acceptance of these parents because of their sexual orientation could not be caused by any actions of the parents; it could only be caused by people telling that child that it is abnormal to have parents of the same sex.

Finally, I must point out that none of your petty reasons for homosexual couples not to adopt or foster children compares to the benefit that child receives by having parents.  I suppose that you would rather a child grow up in a foster home, with no parents who love him or her.  You'd rather a child have no family than a loving one.  Does your prejudice run so deep that you belive a child is better off alone than with a loving family, simply because of the gender of the parents?  I certainly hope it does not.

That child is better off with parents, no matter what the sexual orientation of those parents may be.  Your reasons are trivial to the point of meaninglessness in the face of a child growing up without a family.  There is no selfishness in those who adopt, there is only selfishness and hatred in the minds of those who would scold them for it.
 


Posts: 6 | Posted: 01:26 AM on January 6, 2005 | IP
Tigerlilly

|      |       Report Post




Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I believe Catholics should not be allowed to adopt or serve as foster parents for the simple reason Catholic Priests have a greater tendency to being pedophiles than non-catholic preist people. Sure the majority of Pedophiles aren't heterosexual, but if we look at PROPORTION a VERY disproportionate percentage of child molesters are catholic priets. Don't come up with that "it's Protestant Ministers molesting boys" bs. Non-catholic priests  DO NOT have a sexual interest in boys. The fact many child molesters of boys are married is irrelevent. Have you heard of IN THE CLOSET before? Numerous catholic priests  in the closet and live (or TRY to live) normal heterosexual lives. Indeed, the majority of catholic preists have at some point had a sexual relationship with a  female. Then you have bi-sexuality as well. Nonetheless, catholic priests  men molest children at a much greater rate than do protestant ministers , therefore, they should not adopt.

There are loads of cases of Catholic Priests molesting  children. In the Catholic Church 3/4 of the molestation cases involved boy victims. And even if the catholic-priest parant themselves do not molest the child, the child grows up in a Evil catholic environment and is at risk at being molested by friends of their parents [B] and other catholic priests

Also, the child is grown up in an all-catholicworld and is deprived of any famailiarity with persons of the opposite religion. This screws up a child's development. And lastly why is it catholic priests only want to adopt boys? Why not girls also? The very fact catholic preists SPECIFICALLY request boys, ought to be suspect

( going by this logic, if I want to adopt a boy, I must be suspect too!).

They OBVIOUSLY have a sexual interest in young boys.


(Or maybe it's because girls suck and boys rule. Girls have cooties too!)


Otherwise they'd be just as happy to adopt girl children too!


(Girls are icky and boring)


Just think about it! Even if they do not formally molest the boy, they will get their jollies from seeing the boy naked and washing it's genitals in baths. THIS is why catholic priests should not be allowed to adopt. The most ideal setting for a boy child is to be raised with a MARRIED male-female protestant couple. And if all else fails, boys should be placed with Lesbian couples and girls with gay couples. That alone will at least make the likelyhood of child molestation far less likely!


Even though Nuns molest people as well. =D



-------
If it hurts no one, then there's nothing immoral about it.
 


Posts: 12 | Posted: 9:40 PM on January 11, 2005 | IP
Lone_Prodigy

|     |       Report Post




Newbie
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

Do you have any proof for these accusations against homosexuals? Any facts, statistics, etc. or are you just talking our of your homophobic ass?


-------
Death is irrelevant.<br>-Bean
 


Posts: 8 | Posted: 7:09 PM on January 12, 2005 | IP
SJChaput

|     |       Report Post



Member
Post Score
Adjustment:
n/a

Rate this post:

I can tell you why gay men request boys

and here it is....

Men want to have boys. and women generally want girls.. It has always been that way. My uncle has two girls and always wanted a boy, does that make him a sick pedophile. I dont think so.

In a household of two men, then both want to raise a boy, there is nothing odd at all about that.

Maybe on this same strength we should not allow blacks to work in any position where the might steal things, cause statistically blacks are criminals more than other races. Maybe we shouldn't let blacks be doctors cause they can self perscribe because they are generally drug addicts..

No that ISN"t fair is it, because to generalize like that is wrong.

I have a quesiton for you Tigerlily, What sex are you male or female.... assuming you are male, do you have a daughter???? if so do you get arounsed watching her take a bath... based on your own rationale you must... after all straight men are attracted to the opposite sex just like gaysd are attracted to people of the same sex... you must want to have sex with you daughter... Do you... if not then you have no case agaist gays on that point, or really any other.

you are saying that catholic priests are child molesters, not catholics in general... so how can you contend that no catholic should be allowed to adopt  and once again I believe that priests request males for the same reasons I listed above...

\There is psychological evidence that Homosexuality is genetic and that being surrounded by homosexuality does not make you gay... just how gays being surrounded by heterosexuality dose not make them straight...

(Edited by SJChaput 1/14/2005 at 5:02 PM).
 


Posts: 32 | Posted: 4:49 PM on January 14, 2005 | IP
    
[ Single page for this topic ]

Topic Jump
Next »
[ Single page for this topic ]
Forum moderated by: admin
    

Topic options: Lock topic | Unlock topic | Make Topic Sticky | Remove Sticky | Delete thread | Move thread | Merge thread

 

© YouDebate.com
Powered by: ScareCrow version 2.12
© 2001 Jonathan Bravata. All rights reserved.