Rate this post:
|In February Ben Stein will stomp all over "academia" with a major movie in support of Intelligent Design at a time when this country is already way behind the world in the intelligence related sciences. Even talking about what's now routine science in other countries has people all panicked. So look who is coming to fill that void the science teachers should be filling!
Maybe now, academia and everyone will be motivated to get up to date with what's going on in science and teach it to the people before this education disaster does even more damage to us!
This is what's happening in other parts of the world. So science teachers can be the rulers of intelligence sciences, not Ben Stein! You must see this:
Molecular Nanobiointelligence Computers, National Cancer Center, June 21, 2005, Byoung-Tak Zhang, Center for Bioinformation Technology (CBIT) & Biointelligence Laboratory, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University.
Shows how a brain cell learns through genes in the DNA being signaled to produce proteins that alter output response. And DNA powered computer systems, that could be our next generation desktop.
Similar model as the Intelligence Generator in References:
Synthesizing cellular intelligence and artificial intelligence for bioprocesses, P.R. Patnaik, Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39-A, Chandigarh-160 036, India
With honorable mention to University of Washington Bioengineering website to help explain MI and CI science.
And more links, including a religion free (no "Intelligent Design") "Intelligence Detection Lab" for students who ask if intelligence can be detected. In the intelligence sciences you just saw, it can, but it's not a space alien designer god thing.
1) "Intelligence 101 + Free Intelligence Detection Lab"
2) "Science To Believe In"
3) Origin of life is more the result of "forces" than "random accident" as shown in this experiment that demonstrates how cell membranes self-assemble.
4) NSTA members: "Demonstrating the Self-Assembly of the Cell Membrane"
5) Interesting Cell Intelligence presentation:
6) Video that everyone has to see at least a few times till they can picture it.
Higher resolutions and videos:
7) Molecular Nanobiointelligence Computers, National Cancer Center, June 21, 2005, Byoung-Tak Zhang, Center for Bioinformation Technology (CBIT) & Biointelligence Laboratory, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University
8) Sigma-Aldrich, Nicholson Metabolic Pathway Charts and free Animations.
Even if it's sometimes thankless and like asking to be dumped on.
And no, I'm not a public school teacher. Only am one on the internet so I can't be fired for the science I teach. Yey!
Please help by making sure all the science teachers and scientists you know understand this, so they are not blindsided by science they didn't see coming.
(Edited by Science101 1/20/2008 at 07:36 AM).